Monday, May 12, 2008

What a great day to be a MOM





















I'm grateful to be a mom today. I loved my breakfast in bed prepared by 6 little hands. French toast not quite done in the middle with brown sugar on the top??????, ice cold eggs and 2 year old bluberries from the DEEP freeze. :) How do you not just scarf that down?? I have to admit I had to be a little creative on that one.










I loved my handmade cards. Olivia was quick to point out that she gave me a tiny waist and HIPS in order to flatter my figure. Carson's beautiful card seems to be missing a family member and when asked about this he explains, "Alec (who he fights with quite regularly) is in our family but not on a happy day like today." Hmmmmmm. Ray wrote in only a way he can (quite gifted with words) about mothers and heroes and how they are one in same.




I loved my gifts. Alec spent the day making one thing or another in my new Magic Bullet. I think he may have suggested that one for selfish reasons. :) I was able to get ready for church this morning in my new robe because evidently I spend far too much time wandering around in my underwear. Last but not least I loved the hand-painted box in the shape of a heart for me to store my tiny treasures. Once again, my kids think I lose things and this would be a good place for me to keep them safe. "As if..."

























I have been blessed to know so many good mothers and have learned so much from each and every one of you. A little more patience, a little more dedication, a little more laughter and a little more love. Yes it was a great day to be a Mom. Here's to hoping all you great Moms out there had a fabulous day!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Thanks for the laughs and I'm so glad that you had a great Mday! You are a great Mom! Too bad we don't see eachother often enough! loves...

Chelsea and Cody said...

That was cute...I have to admit, I don't look forward to the breakfast! But, the rest of it sounds like so much fun!

dystopiceyre said...

Sorry the French toast wasn't done.(that was my fault.) Ilove you Mommy! Livvy