Monday, July 7, 2008

A big beautiful hole......


A hole only a family could love. :) They are underway on our house. We signed on the dotted line a few short weeks ago and we are now headed into the fun yet overwhelming stage of starting from scratch. Here is a picture of our lot.......Lot 15. We were pleasantly surprised a few days ago when we drove by (for the umteenth time) to see that the bulldozer had started moving the dirt around in anticipation of our permits coming through. Yesterday after only 5 days with the city of Maple Valley our permit was dropped off and WHAH LA full steam ahead. (if only some of you knew how true that statement will be) HA HA! I guess someone loves me afterall considering we were told it would be a least 4 weeks before the permits would be ready. It's fun to have something to focus on other than our new surroundings. Building may be just what the doctor ordered. In the meantime, things are looking up for the week. The weather has cooled off a little and I am a little less miserable. Amazing what a few degrees can do to your mood. We are headed back to the mothership (Albany) this weekend for a few days with friends. The kids are counting down the days and looking forward to seeing a few familiar faces.


On a side note...


Addy is walking. She is so proud of herself and knows she has achieved "something" as we clap and cheer her on. She is doing the hilarious Frankenstein walk where her legs are straight and she literally sways from side to side, arms out for balance. She decided to do this last weekend in the 24 hours I was gone to see the American Idol concert. LITTLE STINKER. Still so fun to see another item on the list acheived. Pretty soon she will be off and running. Makes me a little sad as I'm sure all mama's must feel seeing their babies grow up. Ray and I are just enjoying her so much, another milestone acheived.


3 comments:

Dannette & Mark said...

Hello there! I want to know the details about your house! AAAH so much fun building! Good Luck. Check out our updates...I've been "remodeling" my blog. Hope you are all well!
www.markanddannette.blogspot.com

Chelsea and Cody said...

I don't know how I missed this one...I am just a little late I guess! Addy is walking?! That is crazy...I feel like she is still just brand new. O, and the hole IS VERY exciting!

Idaho Hodges said...

Good luck on the house adventure. Good thing you wear the pants in the family, so there won't be ant house building fights. hahaha