Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Home?????








Well....so this is it. Home. Hmmmm. Doesn't quite fit just yet. We have spent the week trying to unbury in this thing we call our rental. So many boxes. So many things still lost in the garage. We have ventured out a few times only to be turned around or headed to another city all together. Thank goodness for Carson's sense of direction as he guided me home the first night we were lost. Tons of trees here and easy to lose sight of the neighborhood we are staying in. The kids seem to be handling our new life better than me at the moment. They have been caught up in picking, and arranging "their" rooms and playing in the new "playroom". Oh and then there is the hot tub which is the "cool" tub at the moment. Meaning the temperature is set low like a pool and they are spending many a days sloshing around playing Marco Polo. I have spent a lot of my time here complaining. It has been hot and there is no air conditioning in this blasted place. BIG MISTAKE, HUGE! :) Well say a prayer for me. As of today I hate it here but am trying to keep that to myself and hope for the best.......Still searching for a good diet pepsi, my landline phone, our silverware and a desire to stay instead of run..........

6 comments:

Lauren said...

I know how you feel. Honestly. It was really hard to leave Colorado and come to AZ. I hope that you'll try and stay positive, as hard as it is and give it a chance. You are fantastic and someone is going to want to be your Best Friend. Wish we were closer to hang out. Loves.

Idaho Hodges said...

That desire will come eventually. IT only took me 18mo or so. The diet Pepsi search will keep you sane. At least it's a reason to get out of the house.
love ya
sista

Chelsea and Cody said...

Sher, I wish that I could understand! I haven't really had the experience yet in my life...but with dental school and a foreign area coming into our lives soon, I am sure that I will come to quickly relate with your situation. I will be calling you for good advice on how to get over this slump...so, once you get comfortable and happy write it down so that in a year I can call you an immediately be given hope! Love ya!

AimeeMorse said...

Maybe this week will be better?
Idol anyone????????????

Anonymous said...

Try living by my mantra; "It could always be worse!" I know how you feel, we've talked about this before. Hang in there! We do really miss you!!!

Steve and Jen said...

Hello Ringhiser's. Remeber us? We ran across your blog while surfing the internet and thought we would say HI. It was great to see pictures of your kids. I can't believe how big Alec is. He was born a few weeks before we got married. We have pictures of you guys with him, so little. We hope you are doing well.