Saturday, August 8, 2009

Make A Wish





Today Olivia turns 11. I have been informed by her that I "must" post today as I have been neglecting my blogging duties and this being such an important day...deserves it's own entry. Of course it does! We welcomed Oliva into our family 11 years ago and have been so blessed by her it would be impossible to put into words. She is well informed, well spoken, well rounded and most of all well loved! It has been so fun to watch her go from little girl to young lady. She is exhibiting all of the normal signs of "tween-itis" and it is hilarious to watch. Sleepovers, chatting on the phone, g-mail, giggles, fashion and even boys seem to be the "thing" of the moment. Almost a year ago exactly we moved to Maple Valley and I was so worried about her finding a place to fit in. She shared with us that her birthday wish last year was to find one good friend and I am thrilled to say she has been blessed with many. The transition has been a relatively easy one for her due in large part to her large personality. As a parent it is so great to see your children happy. I'm not sure what she's wishing for this year but with her confidence, determination and a little luck I know she will make it happen. She has that way about her. I am thankful to "know" her and look forward to another year of possibilites. We love you Olivia.

Mom, Dad, Alec, Carson and Addie

2 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

Laurel feels very blessed to have Olivia as a friend! Happy birthday, cutie!

Dannette & Mark said...

happy day!

Your children are beautiful...so fun to see new pictures.